Irish Christmas Chai
Irish Christmas Chai With Maca
what's in it ?
- 1 cup water
- 2 spoons of Mrs Doyle's Bollywood chai tea blend
- 2 tbs. maca powder
- 1 tbs. Canadian maple syrup
- 1 cup whole milk or nondairy milk
- Orange peel or maybe a freshly ground cardamom for garnish
How to make
- Bring the water to a simmer and add the Bollywood chai in a strainer or open tea bag
- Simmer for 5 minutes and remove the Bollywood tea in the strainer or tea bag ,
- Whisk in the maca powder, and maple syrup and milk.
- Simmer until slightly thickened .
- Serve warm, garnished with a twist of orange peel or a maybe a little ground cardamom.
Mrs Doyle's Bollywood Chai tea has spices, cinnamon, cardamom, black pepper, ginger, and cloves, and will help benefit the immune and digestive systems, and can help regulate blood sugar. And maca — a cruciferous root native to Peru — will give sweetness .
Maca is also known for its mood- and energy-boosting properties, so it s a lift without all the caffeine. Look for maca in a powdered in your local health-food stores